The hair wigs are popular and welcomed by many American African women. It is easy to wear and can be styled virtually any way that natural hair can, whether it's natural, curly, or pin-straight! Read these steps to learn how to style a human hair wig or synthetic wig, and how to care for your human hair like a pro.
how to style a human hair wig?
This is actually much less complicated than many would think. In 5-6 easy steps, you can have a perfectly styled human hair lace front wig!
bob wig for a trendy and chic autumn look.
1. Cut the Lace: If your wig is a lace front, it most likely came with pre-cut lace, but for the wigs that do not, the lace must be cut. This is a delicate process that takes a steady hand, a good pair of scissors, and a lot of patience. Cutaway about a quarter-inch of the lace all around the front and sides of the wig.
2. Use long, fluid scissor strokes to avoid jagged edges. It is best to cut away small portions of lace instead of all of it at once, since cutting away too much lace will ruin the wig.
3. Define the part: Use a wide-tooth comb to create a part on one side of your hair or follow the hard parting that your hairstylist has previously cut in. If you are completing this process without the aid of a hairstylist, put the wig on your head and decide where you want to part the hair. Be sure it is centered, and try a few different options before you commit!
4. Styling, on or off ahead: Some women prefer to style their wig on their own head, while others prefer to put it on a styrofoam or metal wig stand. Regardless of your preference, a wet wig is easier to style. Wet styling is the best method for styles like roller sets. Styling foam and serums are usually applied to wet hair to smooth it out. Remember to be gentle as you do not want to cause any stress to the bonds holding the wig together.
5. Dry the hair: Gently blot hair with a towel. To restyle your human hair wig, you may use a blow dryer, curling iron or flat iron on low heat settings only or use electric rollers on a medium setting.
6. Add some shine to your wig: Try using some shine serum to smooth out the hair and add some natural shine. This step will also help to extend the life of your wig!
how to style a synthetic wig?
Besides human hair wigs, "how to style synthetic wigs" is always be asked by the wearer. Here we also introduce it to you:
1. Try the "shake and go" method. Many styles need only a good shake or finger styling and they're ready to wear.
2. For tight curly or ringlet styles give the wig a vigorous shake, then gently lift and separate the curls with a pick comb or your fingers. DO NOT BRUSH.
3. For wavy styles with loose curls, brush lightly with a wig styling brush or pick comb using short, lifting strokes - just enough to relax the style.
4. For long curly styles, use your fingers or a pick comb to gently lift and separate the curls. DO NOT BRUSH.
5. For straight styles, brush in long, even, gentle strokes from the crown to the ends for a smooth, sleek look.
6. After each wearing, spray the ends of your wig with a wig conditioner. Gently remove any tangles.
7. Never expose your wig to heated styling tools such as hair dryers and curling irons or other heat sources.
Wig Care Tips
1 - Learn the difference between a human hair wig & a synthetic hair wig.
It is simple, human hair wigs are stronger, and have a higher resistance to heat than synthetic one, so it tangles a lot less and hardly ever melts. So when you buy a wig, be on the lookout for what it’s made out of, and read the instructions carefully.
2 - Use special shampoo, conditioner, and wig comb.
When buying products for cleaning your wig, you should know that there are special ones for it, because regular shampoo and conditioners have a lot of chemicals in them that may damage the texture of the hair on your wig, especially if it is a synthetic one.
Also, the way that you wash your hair and the way that you wash your wig is different, this is what you do: First, soak the wig in shampoo and water, and then comb the shampoo or conditioner out of the wig (with your wig comb). Then rinse the wig with warm water until the product is all out. Finally, comb the wig until it is untangled, and let it dry by itself. Remember that when you wash it, you don’t need to rub or massage the wig, just combing it’s enough!
3 - Take it to a professional.
When you need to style your wig, it is better if you take it to a professional, there are many salons that specialize in the care and styling of wigs. Remember that if you cut the hair on your wig, it won’t grow back, and also, won’t unmelt if you use too much heat! So go to a salon and ask, there are many specialists that can help you.
4 - Keep your wig in a safe and covered.
Whenever you are not using a wig the proper way to store it is in a mannequin or a hook of some kind, so that it is in an upright position, and doesn’t get tangled. Also, cover it to avoid dust.
5 - Don’t use any kind of spray in your wig.
No matter it is a human hair wig or synthetic, it needs daily care to keep the style. Besides, it will last longer with proper care so as to help you save money. Hope these tips are useful for you. And we always welcome comments if you have ideas about the topic.
6 - No heat.
When you are styling your wig, know that heat can really damage it! Especially if your wig is a synthetic one, so be careful not to use too much of it. Remember to read the instructions that came with your wig, so you can find out how much, if any heat, you can use
7 - Never sleep of shower with it.
You already learned the proper way to shampoo your wig, so do that, and please, never shower with your wig on, also, take it off when raining too hard. The sleeping part, well, you don’t want to leave it all tangled and full of knots from all the moving around at night.
8 - Your own hair is important too!
Always have your own hair clean and conditioned! Wearing a wig is no reason for your hair to be dirty or unmanageable and dry. When you put on your wig, always braid or pull your hair back somehow so that it doesn’t show, I recommend using a cap, it makes it easier to hide your hair, and to keep it clean.
Hope this was all useful to you, and remember, if you take good care of your wig, it will last a lot longer, and you will look amazing!