Hair pieces have become quite a popular wear for years now. You may have seen both men and women wearing it around. The best thing about wigs is that they are a cheaper alternative for hair loss solutions like PRP.
A person can easily detach and attach their wigs. Moreover, it isn't that time-consuming, which makes it the go-to option for most of the audience. Wigs are easy to maintain, and you can also use a few types for swimming.
Did you ever wonder how the wigs stay in their place? Especially when used on men, as even a slight difference can be highly noticeable. Well, if you have similar queries, you're at the right place. We are here to feed your curious brain with an accurate answer. So, let's dive right into it.
You will read in this post:
Why is it Crucial for Men's Wig to Stay in a Place?
Unlike women, men's wigs are easy to detect and hard to maintain. Just a slight displacement in the wig can make it noticeable. Thus, making men feel embarrassed and well-noticed. Moreover, factors like lack of friction contribute to making the wig more slippery.
Men are constantly on the run and are into rough/ sturdy activities, which can ruin their wig style. That being the case, men must learn how to maintain their wigs properly. Plus how to keep them in the right place all the time.
Therefore, this article will be the best help for you! So, be sure to stick to the very end of the article to discover some best tips regarding how to keep your wigs in the right place.
What Methods Men Use to Keep Their Wig at the Right Place?
Here are some men's methods to keep their wigs on for longer.
1. Wig Caps
Wig Caps are best for an audience that wants to flatten their hair before attaching the wig. You can easily use this mesh cap to flatten your hair and make it an ideal base for the wig to stay longer on the head. In addition, they prevent your sweat and grease from reaching the wigs, making them stable and durable.
It is best for people that have sensitive skin. Using the wig caps means your skin doesn't come in direct contact with the wig lining. It will prevent your scalp from getting itchy and make you more comfortable.
How to Use Wig Caps?
Here's how you can use wig caps to keep your wig in the right place.
- Start by rubbing alcohol on your hairline to remove dirt, etc.
- Stretch the cap on your hand and slowly place it on your head.
- Reduce air pockets, if any, and place your wig on your head.
2. Use Wig Tapes
The wig tapes conveniently stick to the inside of your wig and on the top of the scalp. These are best for sensitive skin and are easy to use. However, these are not ideal for people that want to wear wigs on their natural hair. These can rip off your natural hair when you remove your wig from the scalp.
However, it is the best approach to secure your wig. Therefore, actors and performers love to secure their wigs using wig tapes.
How to Use Wig Tapes?
- Use a cotton ball and soak it in rubbing alcohol to remove dirt and clear your hairline.
- Apply a liquid band-aid to the area below your hairline, which prevents your wig tape from damaging your skin.
- Use several strips of hair and remove one side of the strip. Now place it on your hairline. Do the same till the nape of your neck.
- Now attach the wig to the after removing the top paper from the wig tape.
3. Toupee Clips
Toupee clips can attach to your natural hair. Some hairpieces are easy to attach and are a reliable choice among the other methods. They are perfect for holding your wig in the right place. However, if you're going swimming or running, it would be best to avoid it.
How to Use Toupee Clips?
- They usually come in a pack; however, you don't have to use all of them for a single wig. Start by sewing the clips on the wigs.
- Also, be sure to leave a one-inch space between the clips.
- Now, tame your hair using a hair gel or spray and gather them in a ponytail.
- Slide the clips on your hair and slowly adjust it to your liking.
4. Elastic Bands
There are a few wigs that come with elastic bands that you can use to attach to your hair. Also, another way is by purchasing the bands and sewing them to your wig. They are super easy to use and don't require much effort.
How to Use Elastic Bands?
- Start with the bands on the wig, or you don't have to do this step if the bands are already installed.
- Now, comb your hair back and secure it in one place.
- Place the wig on top of your head and adjust it accordingly.
5. Bonding Adhesive
The bonding adhesive can hold your hair for up to 3-4 weeks. Also, if you want a more durable option, you should use silicon-based adhesives. Water-based is less durable and takes less time to take off.
How to Use Bonding Adhesive?
- Use cotton pads dipped in rubbing alcohol to clean the hairline area to make it fresh for glue.
- Apply the glue to the hairline and let it dry so it easily sticks to your head.
- After that, follow the instructions on the package to slowly attach the wig to your head with ease.
Now you know how men use different methods to keep their wigs on their heads for longer. We also tried our best o explain each method to give precise know-how about each method. So, if you want to purchase a wig, this guide is perfect for you. It will guide you through all the steps required to get an ideal fixation of your wig.