The wet look hair is a red carpet classic that hairstylists have relied on for generations.No matter if you're on grand occasions or walking to lunch, the wet hair look is an always on-trend hairstyle that's easy to pull off without hot tools or a ton of time. This is one hairstyle that's a hit for every hair type and texture. But, how to get the wet hair look?
Slayedby Jordan, a young male hairstylist from Ga, has 428K subscribers on his Youtube channel. He is very famous and welcome by many young women. And the products he recommended are always hot-selling and welcomed by customers Now, he will tell you how to install long curly lace front wigs and how to get the wet hair look step by step.
You will read in this post:
- What You’ll Need?
- How To Get The Wet Hair Look?
What You’ll Need?
- Curly lace front wig(if you do not have real long curly hair): Nadula’s curly lace wigs are all made of real virgin human hair, not mixed with other materials. Like Brazilian curly lace front wig. It can blend with natural hair very well. This time, Slayedby Jordan is using it to make a look.
- Hair Gel: It's the necessary base ingredient for slick-backed looks on any hair texture. For long-lasting, crunch-free definition and hold, you should buy good hair gel with a popular brand. It makes your hair healthier and shinier with natural ingredients like vitamin A, glycerin, and hydrolyzed soy protein.
- Glossing Spray: Consider this the hair equivalent of the glow-boosting mist you use to set your makeup. A glossing spray will enhance your wet look's shine, movement, and softness while taming flyaways.
- Hairspray: This is an essential product to make the look. A medium-hold mist is all you need to lock this look in place. Look for one with light-reflecting particles to highlight all the dimensions and textures.
- A Wide-Tooth Comb: Use a comb to define your part and pull products through evenly.
How To Get The Wet Hair Look?
1. Put on the lace front wig
(You can neglect this step if you do not wear wigs or extensions).
In the post, Slayedby Jordan is using Nadula Brazilian 26 inch 13x6 curly lace front wig. Let’s see how does he install it step by step:
“This is a Brazilian 26 inch 13x6 curly lace front wig, it features three combs on the inside and an adjustable strap in the back. It is transparent lace and it does come slightly pre-plucked. It's so full. I think this is a 180% density if I'm not mistaken. As you can see the wig gave me a little shedding, but that is so normal all curly hair shares. Don't be alarmed.”
“I've already put it on her cap and now I'm going to put it on the lace of the wig and then we're going to start positioning the wig where we want it to lay. I'm sure is to secure her wig in the back today. I'm going to be using the backcomb and the adjustable strap. I'm going to tighten it as much as she can take, as much as she's comfortable. You do not have to sew your wigs down to make them secure, however sewing them down does give you the most security. But with everything, it is client preference.
For the installment details, please check the video here:
And for beginners, you can also visit this post to learn more: How to put on a lace front wig?
2. Damp The Hair
You would think you’d have to start with soaking wet hair for this style, but that’s not the case. And once you hear the reason why we promise it will all make sense. To get the right look, you have to start with damp—not wet hair. That’s because if your hair is dripping wet, the hair gel you use in the following step won’t stick, which means you won’t be able to sculpt your hair, or your lace front curly wig into perfection.
3: APPLY The HAIR GEL TO YOUR ROOTS
When it comes to the wet hair look, don’t skimp out on applying some product. Yep, this is your permission to go to town with your hair gel! Take a generous helping of hair gel and work it through your locks, starting at your roots. Start with a dollop of hair gel, but feel free to add more as you go to amp up the “wet” look. Feel it out to see what you like the best, but keep this in mind: Essentially, the more gel you add, the wetter your hair will look.
4: COMB YOUR HAIR BACK
Depending on the look you’re going for, there are a variety of combs and hairbrushes you can use to style your strands. For an extra sleek slicked-back look, use a fine-tooth comb to smooth down your baby hairs and roots. And if your wigs are kinky curly lace front wigs, must use a wide-tooth comb.
For a more natural and beachy feel, use a wide-tooth comb to rake your hair away from your face and define your waves. You can also use a boar bristle brush for a sculpted look. The soft bristles on a boar bristle brush can help smooth back your hair and evenly distribute the hair gel without creating any bumps.
5: SPRITZ ON The GLOSSING SPRAY
Now that the roots of your hair have a nice glossy finish, it’s time to focus on the rest of your hair. Make the bottom of your locks blend with the top by using a glossing spray. Hold the bottle 6-8 inches away from your hair and spray it evenly throughout your lengths, avoiding the roots.
6: SPRAY And Style
As with any hairstyle (wet ones included), using a hair spray at the end of the process can help to hold everything together. Whether you’re out at dinner with that someone special or dancing your heart out at a club with your girlfriends, using a hair spray can help keep your style in place so you don’t have to worry about too many touchups. You can also use hairspray to help keep baby hairs in check.
Brazilian curly lace front wig Reviews by Slayedby Jordan
“Let's get into these defined curls. When I tell you I really love this frontal wig from the Nadula hair. No lie! This curly hair they came back with it. You look at this hair, I am so in love with it. It came out exactly the way I wanted it to and that jet black just made it hit so different. I truly love this wig make sure you check the description box for all the links. I thank you guys so much for subscribing. Make sure you turn on the notification bells, I got some heat dropping this year. Honey, y'all better get ready. It's 2021, let's get into it."
- 1. Make sure to use the hair spray before the hair gel has dried. Take the can of hair spray and spritz some onto your wet hairdo from about 10-12 inches away from your head. Layer more hair sprays for stronger control, and now you’re good to go.
- 2. Slayedby Jordan said:” If you want to keep the wet look, don't touch your hair. The more you run your fingers through the hair, the more dry and frizzy your hair gets. If you like the wet look, once you put your products in it, leave it alone.
1.Extra , Code:
2.Free GiftsLOG IN
Thanks for your sharing!
You get 500 points for logging into your account on Thursday and Friday.
Congrats, you got50points Register or Login to your account to get it！