Among many wig products, weave hair is popular with many girls because of its high quality and favorable price. However, unlike wigs, weaves can not be easily taken off for cleaning. However, regular cleaning is very necessary. Because after a period of use, they will accumulate much dust and grease, lose the luster and beautiful look. Then, how to clean hair weaves? We will answer you in this blog today.
Can I Wash My Hair With Weave In It?
Generally speaking, weaves are not like wigs that can be directly removed for washing. To fix the weaves, many girls sew the weaves in the braided natural hair, so it is very troublesome to take them all down. Also, after you take them off, you have to spend hours stitching them back on. So you don't need to take your weaves off and wash them one by one, you can wash your hair with weave in it.
What Do You Wash Weave Bundles With?
The texture of the hair weave is also related to what shampoo and conditioner to use, so when you get your new hair weaves, please read the care booklet carefully. Now, most people tend to choose human hair weaves, and all the wig products provided by Nadula are also made out of 100% human hair. Therefore, today we are going to discuss how to clean human hair weaves.
As for the shampoo, it is recommended that you do not use ordinary shampoo because hair weaves lack the nourishment and protection of the scalp, so they need more careful care. It is best to use an exclusive sulfate-free shampoo for wigs to clean. In addition, you can also use some deep conditioners, which can provide deep conditioning to your hair weaves. They can also help increase shine, repair damage, and reduce UV damage to your weaves.
And when you wash your hair, we recommend you use lukewarm water. Because the heat of hot water will damage the weaves, and if you wash your hair with weaves in it, the cold water may cause you a cold.
How Do You Wash And Dry Sew In Weave?
After learning some basic knowledge about washing hair weaves, we will tell you how to wash and dry the sew-in weave in detail in the following part.
1. Firstly, you need to brush your hair to remove all tangles. Then wet your hair with lukewarm water thoroughly.
2. Apply your sulfate-free shampoo from the hair root to the hair tip. And use your fingers pulp to massage the shampoo into the scalp, around the hairline, and in/under the weft of human hair
3. Rinse the shampoo thoroughly with lukewarm water, it may take you a few minutes to make sure there is no shampoo left.
4. Then apply conditioner. Just like applying your shampoo from the hair roots to the ends. Next, use a wide-toothed comb to comb the hair slightly, which will help distribute the conditioner more evenly. You have to make sure you are light enough during the whole process, as this will prevent strands from shedding.
5. You can also use a shower cap to cover all your hair. And you can do something else in the meantime, so it's not a time-consuming step but very necessary. They allow the hair to fully absorb the moisture in the conditioner and become more lustrous. Then rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water until all the conditioners are rinsed out.
6. After washing your hair, you can start drying your hair. Dry hair and use a T-shirt or towel, pressing to remove excess moisture. A microfiber towel is a great option as it reduces irritation to your hair and prevents frizz. If you don't have one at your home, an old cotton T-shirt will work too.
7. Sit underneath a hooded dryer if you have access to one, or use a blow dryer with a diffuser attachment to completely dry your hair and weave.
8. Apply some hair oil to your scalp to nourish the scalp. Please don't skip this step, it will keep your scalp from drying out, or you may find white flakes on your scalp. Most natural oil products will work for your scalp, such as coconut oil.
9. Now you can use your styling tools to style your weave and hair.
How Often Should I Wash My Weave?
Generally, washing them once a week to ten days is enough. The weather in summer is hot, so may need to wash them after wearing them for a shorter period. In winter, the weather is relatively dry, you can choose to wash it every ten days. Of course, if you feel very uncomfortable then you can start washing your hair weaves.
Washing hair weaves in time and regularly is essential, which is the key to maintaining the luster and moisture to give you the best hair look. And this also helps prolong the lifespan of your hair weaves.