What is a wig cap? The wig cap for wig making is the base material for a wig and mimics the shape of the head. It is the foundation and the hair is attached to it by different technics. Based on different types of wig cap materials, you can find there are so many different types of cap wigs on the market.
Maybe you have heard the terms lace front wig, full lace wig, hand-tied wig, machine-made wig, U part wig, Pu silk base wig, fake scalp wig, etc., but do you know what they all mean? Here, we will share with you the Pros and Cons Of some common types of wig caps. You can confirm the best one that is suitable for you.
Type1: lace wig cap
The lace wig cap is made of lace. There are many different types of wigs that are made of different kinds of lace wig caps, like lace front wig, full lace wig, HD lace wig, fake scalp lace wig, and lace part wig. A lace wig is a special type of hairpiece or wig in which human hair or synthetic hair is tied by hand to a sheer lace base that goes over the scalp(from Wikipedia:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lace_wig). There are different types of lace wigs according to different lace sizes. And almost all lace wig caps are adjustable wig caps. Check them below:
Lace front wig:
The lace front wig is made of lace front wig cap and hair. The lace frontal wig cap is made of lace closure in front and a wig net at the nape. The hair is half hand-tied on the lace closure and half machine-tied on the wig net cap. The wig cap size is different. Now in the market, common lace front closure sizes are 13x4, 13x6, 4x4, 5x5, 6x6 in and etc. Because the hair is hand-tied on the lace closure, it can make a natural hairline and looks like the hair is growing out of the scalp.
There are many superstars who have worn lace front wigs, like Beyoncé. She’s been wearing lace front wigs for years and, if her hairstylist hadn’t told the world, none of us would ever know.
The hairline of a frontal wig cap can either extend from temple-to-temple or ear-to-ear, so if you’re planning on pulling your hair back into updos make sure your wig has ear-to-ear construction.
Full lace wig:
The full lace wig is made of a full lace wig cap and hair. Seeing the name of a thing one thinks of its function. The full lace wig cap is made of full lace closure, and the hair is hand-tied on it totally. Mention full lace wigs, we have to say one of their characteristics of them is the expensive price. But it was worth the price because it was so comfortable and breathable in summer and winter.
Pros Of Lace Wig caps:
- Natural-looking hairline: When you shop for lace front wigs you can be assured that it will be your secret – no one else has to know! The sheer material blends against your skin to create the appearance of a natural hairline. Lace wigs are among the highest quality.
- Styling Versatility: When you buy lace wigs, as opposed to other types, you have the versatility of styling away from your face. This reveals a realistic hairline, and bangs are not necessary. These are a popular choice for weddings, as many brides prefer to wear their hair up on their special day. You can have a high ponytail one day, and bangs the next. You can style your hair to suit your mood!
- Affordable: In years past, only the rich and famous could afford to buy lace front wigs; today, though, they are more affordable and accessible for everyone. More designers are offering these and other high-quality wigs in their collections. There are more choices available at affordable prices that won’t break your budget.
- Easy to apply and remove: You don’t need to go to a salon when you want to apply your lace wig or take it off; it can easily be done yourself. This saves you time and money.
- Natural-looking: Because each hair is hand-tied, the hair will move naturally.
- Part anywhere: A lace wig allows for high ponytails and parting anywhere you like, even down the center.
- Won’t damage your actual hair: Your hair is hidden under the wig, giving it a break without damaging the hair or roots.
Cons Of lace wig caps:
- Learning curve: You will have to learn how to properly apply and remove the wig; luckily, this isn’t difficult and you should have the hang of it after the first couple of applications.
- Adhesives can be tricky: There are many different types of adhesives on the market, and you’ll have to find the one that’s right for you. This can be a trial-and-error process, but once you find a suitable adhesive you can stick with it.
- Reapplication: This is required every 3 to 4 weeks.
- Clean-up: Cleaning must be done before reapplication, which can be time-consuming
When you buy lace front wigs, you are getting the best quality for the best price. They are available in a variety of colors and styles and are easy to maintain.If you’re searching for a wig with versatility, a natural look, and low maintenance, lace wigs could be your ideal solution.
If you’ve never thought about wearing a wig before, now is a perfect time. With spring upon us, a new hairstyle can be just what you need for your makeover. Whether you go to the beach, work at your desk, or enjoy a night out on the town, a front lace wig can enhance your look and make you feel like a million bucks.
Type2: u part wig cap
U part wig is a wig sewn-on u part wig cap with clips and adjustable straps on the back. An Upart wig allows you to blend your hair through a specific u-shaped opening at the top of the wig; thus this opening gives you the chance to blend your part exposing the scalp for a better natural-looking hairline.
Benefits Of u part wig caps:
Easy Install Within 10 Minutes
No Glue, No Lace, But Realistic Look
Natural Melt, Protective Hairstyle
Affordable Price, Gorgeous Look
Type3: Half Wig Cap
A half wig is made of an innovative half-wig cap construction and hair, the half wig cap is always made from an elasticated soft mesh cap. Attached to the cap are two flexible combs at the front and the back so it can securely grip to your natural hair for a style that lasts all day long.
Benefits Of half wig caps:
Half wigs are a great way to use your natural hair to its best potential, allowing your face to be framed by the natural beauty of your hair whilst the half wig creates a fabulous fullness from the crown to the back.
Type4: silk wig cap
The wigs that are made of silk base caps and hair are called silk base wigs. The silk wig cap is the most realistic lace wig cap on the market today. Silk base wigs also known as Silk top wigs are when knots are hidden by a layer of lace and silk fabric on the top front of the cap. When the hair is knotted, the knots are below the silk concealed between the layers, the hair is then injected through the silk material making the knots 100% invisible, giving the illusion that the hair is growing out of your scalp.
Benefits of silk wig caps:
The silk-based wig lasts longer as compared to the lace wigs. This is due to its thicker and Sturdier base. The lace wig has a sheer nature, which makes it prone to damage easily.
·Taking care of a Silk base wig does not require any form of specialty or special procedures, and this is because they might look delicate, but they are strong. If you are going to use your wig often, you don't have to always bother about some repairs monthly.
Type5: Basic wig cap
There are four alternate names for basic wig caps: traditional weft cap, machine-made wig cap, standard cap, and classic cap.
The hair of basic wig caps is machine-sewed into strips of material (cotton, felt, velvet, silk, or otherwise). These strips are weft together (woven like a basket) to create the appearance of natural hair growing in different directions.
A standard variation of the basic weft wig cap is the open weft wig cap. As the name implies, the wefts of open weft caps are less dense with more space between them.
Pros of Basic Wig Caps
- Affordability: Basic wig caps are by far the least expensive wig cap type. If you want to stock up on some different wig styles all at once, basic wig caps are the most affordable way to do it.
- Durability: These wig caps are the most durable. Because of the way the wefts are sewn together, they won’t loosen up over time.
- Pre-Teased: Most basic wig caps come pre-teased at the roots, which means you can put on your wig and walk out the door with voluptuous, luminous hair. How many of your bio hair-wearing friends can say that?
Cons of Basic Wig Cap
- Lack of Styling Versatility: If you’re buying a basic wig cap, make sure you’re buying it with a part style that you like. You can’t re-part a basic wig cap without making it look unnatural.
- Lack of Hair Fiber Options: Because basic wig caps are considered to be a cheaper option, they are typically only offered with synthetic or heat-friendly synthetic hair, not human hair wigs.
Above all are the collections of different wig caps on the market now. All of Nadula's wigs are made of wig caps with adjustable straps. That means almost every type is an adjustable wig cap that will suitable for different head sizes. Customers can choose to choose the best wig caps or the most suitable ones for themselves according to their personal preferences.