Wigs can not only bring a fashionable appearance to beauty-loving women but also help people with hair loss or illness to have thick hair and become confident and brave. For children with hair loss, burns, or chemotherapy, we need our attention and help more, because they often have more fragile and sensitive hearts, and they need more love from parents or more adults.
Wigs For Kids is a non-profit organization that helps kids with hair loss be as happy and confident as other kids their age without hair problems. Whether from chemotherapy, radiation therapy, hair loss, trichotillomania, burns, and other medical kids with hair problems caused by causes, stylists will work with all enthusiastic people like you to give recipients self-esteem and the self-image they deserve.
1. What Is The Reason To Wear Wigs For Kids?
One of the most important reasons for children to wear wigs is to provide children who are troubled by their hair with the confidence to live their normal lives. Because when children lose their hair, they suffer not only physical pain but also inner struggle and fear. A change in appearance can greatly damage their self-image and damage their self-esteem. To help heal the pain of these struggles, and to keep kids from feeling intimidated by their looks, getting kids the right wig can be a great way to heal their hearts.
Founded by beauty therapist Jeffrey Paul, Wigs For Kids has been serving children with hair loss since 1981 and has helped many children regain their self-esteem and confidence. The original happiness of those children returned to their childhood.
2. What Are The Rules For Wigs For Kids?
Here are some rules about Wigs For Kids you must know before donating your hair or wig.
- Hair donation length is important. Make sure hair is a minimum of 12 inches for proper hair donation length. A longer ponytail (14+ inches) has the most impact on a child in need. Ponytails that are less than 12 inches will not be accepted as they will not be able to be incorporated into the hairpieces. Pull curly hair straight for a more accurate measurement. Start the measuring tape at the start of the ponytail.
- Hair must be clean and stored/packaged completely dry. Because if the hair is wet, hair will mold in shipping and will be thrown away.
- Hair cannot be permed, color-treated, or highlighted. Temporary coloring or highlights that wash out are acceptable but must be completely washed out before cutting. Gray hair is accepted.
- We will accept ponytails that are no more than one year old that is still tightly bound and secured.
- Tie hair into at least four sections (six are even better) around the head for a more generous donation.
3. Can Wigs Be Donated?
Of course, you can. You can donate wigs to your local cancer center, cancer support group, or even an oncology office! So, you can do some research or do a Google search to find the nearest donation location to you. If you are a stylist, you can also show your skills and work together with wigs for kids to help children express themselves.
According to the materials used to make wigs, there are two common types: synthetic wigs and human hair wigs. Both types of wigs have their pros and cons. Synthetic wigs are made from synthetic fibers and are cheap to make, so they are cheap. It is very light and thin to wear, the hair luster does not look very natural, and the service life is relatively short.
Human hair wigs are made of 100% real human hair, some of which are all woven by hand, they can present the most natural appearance, looks exactly like your own hair, it is comfortable to wear, has good air permeability, and the hair natural luster, durable, very suitable for long-term wear. Human hair wigs can be made in various designs and shapes according to your preferences, of course, the price of human hair wigs will be higher. If you care more about the quality of your hair, then human hair wigs are worth it.
No matter what kind of wig you want to use or donate, you have one most touching and priceless thing, and that is your kind heart. So whether you choose to donate your own hair, synthetic wigs, or human hair wigs, or sign up to volunteer, donate your time, money, or skills to help children tremendously.
Hair has a great influence on a person's appearance, it can add charm to your appearance, and it can also reduce the beauty of your facial features. So you must take good care of your hair and do a good job of hair care. We regularly share hair knowledge with you, you can subscribe to our blog to keep up with the latest content, or check out our past blogs to learn more.