Summer will come soon.During the hot & humid summer months, wearing a weave can get sweaty, smelly, itchy, and matted. How do you prevent all of this? How do you take care of your human hair weave in summer?
1.Cleanliness is very very important for human hair extensions in summer. During these hot & humid summers, you have to take special care of your scalp because your hair can easily mildew the sweat and oils released from your body.
2.In addition, we suggest having a u-part wig made for the summer months. With this method, you get the benefit of wearing hair extensions (with your own hair left out to ensure that it looks natural), but you are still able to take it out at night, which gives your hair and scalp time to breathe.
What Kinds Of Weaves Would You Choose In Summer?
Summertime is a great moment to have fun with curly hair. I suggest to many of my clients (especially for vacation) to try the Brazilian natural curly hair, with the Brazilian natural wave hair lace closure. Brazilian hair weave is 100% non-processed hair, so you can have fun with color, and you can play around with volume with the fun curls.
When going to the beach or pool, what should you do before getting in the water, and after getting out of the water?
Going to the beach with your Brazilian hair extensions can be awesome. If you have non-processed hair, you get the benefit of getting in the water and getting out without your remy hair becoming a full afro. However, after getting out of the pool, I suggest applying a light oil on your hair to help with any dryness from the sun. Other than that, just comb through your hair to prevent tangles and towel dry.
How To Take Care of Your Weaves At Night?
For Short To Medium Styles With Straight Brazilian Hair:
1.Brush out any tangles or knots with a wide tooth comb
2.Use a humectant to re-hydrate the hair (Be very light, the product build up can happen very quickly and compromise your style, use this step only as needed)
3.Use a humectant on the nape and edges of your straight Brazilian hair, if you have any hair out, be sure to gently moisture that as well and try to reach your scalp at least twice a week.
4.Wrap the sewn in hair in a circular motion using a large paddle brush around the head and secure with pins if necessary.
5.Secure with a silk or satin scarf or tight satin bonnet.If you have a longer style, wrapping may be cumbersome and large flexible rod rollers to secure the remy hair weave may be a better option. They are quick and will not alter the bone straight look, but will give your hair body and protect the style while you sleep.
For Short Or Long Curly Hair:
1. Try to avoid combing as much as possible - never do more than necessary to protect the human hair curls, use your fingers and a wide tooth comb to remove tangles.
2. Rehydrate the hair with the humectant.
3. Use either a daily moisturizer nothing too thick or heavy.
4. It is best to maintain curly looks with pin curls using small bobby pins.If the hair is wavy, you can secure the strands with large dual strand twists.If the curly hair extensions are tight, you should also use large dual strand twists and if the style allows, pin that down as well.
5. These styles should be protected in a loose-fitting bonnet. Tying them down with a scarf or tight-fitting cap will flatten the virgin hair curls. Alternatively, consider pinning them up towards the crown of your head and wrapping the scarf around the head, leaving the curls untouched on top.
6. After removing pins or taking down twists, use your fingers to position the hair into the desired style.