Synthetic wigs and human hair wigs are the most common wigs people tend to choose. Both types of wigs have their pros and cons. Human hair wigs get people’s favor because of the natural look, and synthetic wigs are more cost-effective. To help you know what is more suitable for you and decide which to choose, we will show the variances between them in this blog.
What are the differences between human hair and synthetic wigs?
The biggest difference between the two types of wigs is the material. Natural hair wigs are created from harvested human hair, so they look, feel and act just like your own hair. Synthetic wigs are created from man-made fibers using specialized technology to give the overall appearance and feel of real hair. Which is right for you? Maybe both. Both of them have their own pros and cons, which make them the right choice at different times.
The Pros Of Human Hair Wigs
1. Endless versatility. For a real human hair wig, you can straighten, curl, perm, and dye it with various styling methods as your natural hair.
2. Different textures. Human hair wigs come in a variety of textures, so you can match your own hair texture very closely. Besides, to meet individual requirements, you can find a series of trendy hairstyles in the current human hair market.
3. Longevity. With proper care, a human hair wig can last one year or more. But the lifespan of a human hair wig will vary according to your wearing habits, frequency, and daily condition.
4. Natural look. Human hair wigs offer the most natural hair look, just like growing from your scalp. Besides, human hair wigs are softer to touch and more comfortable to wear.
5. High quality. With professional skills in producing wigs, the human hair wigs will not shed or tangle. You can get sleek and smooth hair with a human hair look.
The Cons Of Human Hair Wigs
1. High Maintenance. Just like your real hair, human hair wigs need to be washed, deep-conditioned and re-styled frequently. And we recommend you invest in high-quality shampoo and conditioner that are exclusively designed for wigs.
2. High price. With the same hair length, you need to spend more money on a human hair wig than a synthetic wig.
3. Color Fading. The color of a human hair wig will oxidize or fade with exposure to light. Besides, human hair wigs can become frizzy, limp, or dry depending on the weather.
The Pros Of Synthetic Hair Wigs
1. Keep shape well. Once you have purchased a synthetic wig, it will never have to be styled. It can hold its style regardless of the weather.
2. Colorful options. No matter what color you want, green, pink, blonde, or any other bold and fantasy hair color, synthetic wigs can provide for you. This is what you cannot get from human hair wigs.
3. Low price. Synthetic wigs are relatively inexpensive. It is more affordable to have multiple wigs or to replace your style when you get tired of your current look.
The Cons Of Synthetic Hair Wigs
1. Unnatural hair look. Because synthetic wigs are made out of artificial fibers, which have an unnatural shine. Therefore, if you want realistic hair look, synthetics wigs are not for you.
2. Short lifespan. Synthetic wigs will not last as long as human hair wigs. The lifespan of synthetic wigs is about 4-6 months.
3. Less versatility. If you want to change the color of synthetic wigs, we have to tell you that you can never change it to a lighter color. And synthetic wigs are not friendly to the girls who like heat styles.
How to distinguish human hair wigs from synthetic wigs?
If you have never tried a wig, it will be difficult to tell the difference between the two. Here are two methods for you to distinguish them.
1. Water Method
Put the wig into the basin filled with water, it will feel heavier and will not retain its shape after taking it out. While a human hair wig will retain its watery appearance or curl even when wet.
2. Burning Method
Just cut a small piece of hair and burn it. A synthetic wig will create a large flame and smells of tar. As for a human hair wig, when it burns very little smoke and has a smell of a burning feather or barbecue. And human hair will turn into ashes after burning, while synthetic hair will melt into a hard solid.
Human hair wigs vs synthetic wigs, which one to choose?
1. If you want a natural wig, then choose human hair wigs
2. If you have a limited budget, then a synthetic wig is a good choice.
3. If you prefer a more versatile wig, then nothing will be better than human hair wigs
4. If you want a wig that has a fantasy color and keeps the shape very well, synthetic wigs are more suitable.
Write For Us | Comments Form